Beacon Life and Benefits Group, Inc.
December 27, 2019
Purpose of This Notice
A. What Type of Information Do We Collect?
In order to offer you useful financial products and services, as allowed by law, Beacon collects nonpublic personal information about you from:
- Insurance applications or other forms.
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Medical records or medical professionals.
- Personal interviews with you, family members, associates or other acquaintances.
- Documents you provide us including old policies, letters, legal documents, tax returns, emails and social media.
- Third parties such as your prior insurer/agent or via a purchased mailing or email list.
If we order any kind of third party consumer report, upon request, we will tell you how to get a copy of the report.
B. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
As allowed by law, Beacon is permitted to share the above information with your insurer or with a broker licensed by an insurer quoting your business. We are also permitted to share information about you without prior permission under certain circumstances to certain persons and organizations such as:
- Assignees, medical professionals or others shown on our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in your insurance policy.
- Parties acting in a fiduciary capacity, or for law enforcement or fraud detection.
- Authorized persons as ordered by subpoena, warrant or other court order or as required by law.
- Third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- Successor agents in connection with the sale of all or part of our business.
- Claim adjusters, investigators and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you.
- Your current agent if we are acting as your prior agent.
Unless you tell us not to by notifying your agent either verbally or in writing, Beacon may market your request for insurance coverage at initial application or upon renewal to brokers or other insurers. Beacon owners and agents licensed to sell property and casualty coverages (“P&C” including auto, home, business insurance, etc.), are licensed with the Platinum Insurance Agency, Inc. and its subsidiaries (www.PlatinumInsuranceAgency.com). With your permission, Beacon agents will quote and write P&C business through Platinum. They also provide leads to Beacon agents that include non-public information.
C. Right of Access to Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such informations within 2 years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information you should submit a request in writing to your agent at Beacon Life and Benefits Group, Inc. PO Box 1348, Lynnfield, MA 01940. The request should include your name, address, telephone number, and the recorded information that you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail or email. Upon receipt of you request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
To correct, amend or delete any of your information you should submit a request in writing to your agent at the above address. The request should include your name, address, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
D. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
E. Our Policy Regarding Dispute Resolution
F. Our Former Customers
G. Controlling Cookies
Following is an opt-out link for Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout